Looking for full-time Sr. Business Analyst (IT) to be responsible for the leadership, facilitation, analysis and documentation tasks necessary to articulate the business' vision and needs to technical stakeholders. It includes analyzing problems, establishing business cases and ROIs, identifying alternative solutions, recommending and implementing systems, and/or enhancements for problem resolution. Business analysts within an IT context define and elaborate solution requirements or participate in solution design with business stakeholders while maintaining a separation with technical design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees cross-functional teams tasked with solving business issues, which require a technical solution providing subject matter expertise with regard to system functionality and capabilities for stakeholders.
• Participates in strategic meetings to review, evaluate, and/or propose new business opportunities through the implementation/enhancement of technical solutions, which are intended to improve customer relationships, operating efficiencies, and/or add business benefits.
• Identifies detailed requirements from business users through interviews, documentation, and facilitated working sessions for approved projects and enhancements.
• Partners with stakeholders and business representatives to identify necessary department resources to meet defined objectives.
• Leads team in analyzing information and prioritizing requirements to gain an understanding of the business needs in order to provide recommendations for solutions. Evaluates relative feedback and ROI to effectively align projects.
• Creates comprehensive business process models and maps based on requirements, capturing pertinent process step details in design documents so that opportunities for process improvements, benchmarks, key performance indicators, current metrics, and target objectives can be recognized establishing benefits realization objectives.
• Analyzes transformation of data into value-added information: where to source it, how to integrate it, and how to enhance and deliver it as analytic insight to support business decision making.
• Structures and develops test plans (e.g. test objectives, test cases, test data and test scripts) for executing unit, integration, system and/or acceptance testing in order to ensure the solution meets the business requirements.
• Manages acceptance testing with the business users performing system configuration and integration testing including the functionality, performance, and fit-for-use to ensure original requirements are met and defined constraints are controlled.
• Manages work plans, timelines, and budgets. Assesses project impacts through consultation with the business, management, regulatory, IT, quality assurance, validation, and training teams.
• Administers, through cutover planning and coordination with stakeholders, implementation of necessary business changes/additions to enterprise applications or integrated third party systems after testing is complete in order to ensure successful solution delivery.
• Develops, maintains, and provides technical subject matter expertise in order to convey and communicate capabilities, and delivers knowledge transfer to appropriate personnel for skill development.
• Carries out responsibilities according to the organization’s policies and procedures, best practices, as well as in accordance with state, federal, and local laws, including applicable safety rules and regulations.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university and five (5) to seven (7) years enterprise system experience with at least two (2) at a management level preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and experience in developing Use Cases and User Stories is a must.
• Knowledge and experience in the following areas are highly desirable:
o Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques (w/ statistical analysis)
o Business Intelligence
o Business Architecture
o Agile Business Analysis