Nashville-based HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating 171 locally managed hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA has conducted a number of clinical studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses its more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives.
The Senior Business Analyst leverages a robust set of tools with engagements that are complex and high-profile, and works independently with little supervision. The Senior Business Analyst serves as an informal leader to other Business Analysts on the team.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for working with Business Stakeholders to elicit and capture requirements; create use case models and user stories and adjust them without ambiguity.
The Senior Business Analyst also demonstrates:
• Advanced ability in understanding and communicating business and clinical processes/workflow clearly to a diverse group of stakeholders
• Advanced ability in facilitation and guiding stakeholders on a path to a solution
• The ability to methodically plan his/her analysis approach, workplan, and communicate that to a diverse group of stakeholders
• Proficiency in bringing clarity, definition, and specificity to challenging and complex information and situations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong collaboration and negotiation skills that foster strong working relationships
• Mentors and coaches other BAs on the team
• Ability to lead and manage physician, clinician, and/or SME needs/expectations through strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Drive business centric collaboration with stakeholders, clinical and business users, and technical solution providers to understand business needs.
• Evaluate business processes and lead solution definition (workflow, technology, data, etc.) to support clinical and business goals and initiatives.
• Lead the project team through identification of workflow or solution options, objective screening of workflow and solutions to determine best fit, and quantitative analysis to support the selection of solutions to pursue.
• Facilitate and drive the definition and analysis of business needs and requirements for new and/or enhanced products, services, or optimized workflows/processes.
• Drive discovery, assessment, and specification of enhanced workflows or solutions, while advocating for the clinical and business needs to ensure solutions achieve desired clinical and business results.
• Builds and maintains relationships with colleagues, business associates in CSG, corporate departments, hospitals, divisions, and all engagement stakeholders
• Mentors others in the advanced usage of Business Analysis tools and core techniques.
• Leverage and continually mature interview and facilitation techniques to elicit business needs and requirements.
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders to identify engagement objectives, scope, dependencies and risks for all analysis efforts.
• Collaborate with peers to develop a customized business analysis approach, defining the business analysis tasks, resources, and estimated effort to complete an analysis engagement.
• Communicate the analysis approach and associated work with engagement stakeholders to modify and ultimately gain agreement for the analysis activities.
• Expertise in working among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, data, policies and information systems.
• Manage solution requirement communication, ensuring that stakeholders have a shared understanding of the requirements.
• Quickly understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements, analyze and present workflow and/or solution options.
• Maintain business acumen, understanding the strategic direction and operational performance requirements of assigned customers
• Manages the project scope, budget, timeline, and quality of deliverables for project assignments
• Bachelor's Degree and at least 5-7 years of progressive business analysis experience
• Solid healthcare experience required, preferably in an inpatient hospital or outpatient provider office setting
• Expertise with Business Analysis core techniques: modeling, use cases/stories, facilitation that align with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
• Expertise in facilitating large sessions with a wide range of stakeholders
• Expertise in observing and capturing business workflow processes in a clinical setting
• Demonstrated strength with written and oral communication skills
• Expertise in working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
• Expert analytical & problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong sense of accountability
• Expertise in effectively dealing with ambiguity and adapting to changing business needs