Tennessee Department of Treasury
To apply, submit your resume to: Treasury.Resumes@tn.gov
The Tennessee Department of Treasury impacts the lives of Tennesseans every day. Treasury is responsible for many of the financial operations of state government, including managing more than $50 billion in assets through its various investment programs. We administer the State’s Retirement Program, RetireReadyTN, which combines the state pension plan, Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, and the State’s Deferred Compensation plan. Treasury serves all Tennesseans by helping to educate and empower them to make smart financial choices, and by providing public-serving programs in the areas of college savings, financial literacy, unclaimed property, criminal injuries compensation, and more.
The Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS) Division is looking for 2 Business Architects. Each of these positions is responsible for utilizing team-based analysis methodologies in eliciting requirements and developing business solutions for improving system or operational processes while meeting stakeholder expectations. The positions also assist the business in recognizing and analyzing problems and providing assistance in driving the strategic implementation of the solution and perform related work as required. In addition, will use project management expertise to prioritize work efforts and deliver value on multiple initiatives at the same time.
• Assists with the gathering of business needs as well as the design of solutions through direct interaction with business unit leaders, technology and other staff
• Consults with business users and technical resources to develop detailed business requirements and related technical options/recommendations
• Assists in the development of detailed business process models to support business solution recommendations.
• Builds detailed business process models to support business solution recommendations.
• Learns the business areas and becomes familiar with systems capabilities through interaction with lines of business, technology and third-party representatives.
• Reports and communicates the status, issues, and risks of assigned implementation efforts using agreed upon formats.
• Adapts to assignments as required and multi-tasks on a daily basis to deliver value.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science, or related fields.
• 2 - 10 years of professional experience in analyzing or defining systems and users’ requirements for computer systems or agency specific business experience required.
• MBA or Master’s Degree
• Experience working in a governmental sector (local, state, or federal)
• Experience working with iterative software development methods
• Background in accounting or financial systems
• Background with GASB and public sector financial reporting or similar
• Certification in one or more of the following: Certified Business Analyst (CBAP), Professional Business Analyst (PMI-PBA), Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean Six Sigma, Business Process Management (BPM), or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Experience working in cross-functional, matrix environment and understanding how the interdependencies impact results
• Experience working in a formal Project Management Office (PMO) or soliciting business requirements for multiple projects simultaneously
The State of Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View other career opportunities at Treasury.