The Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS) Division is looking for three Business Architects. Each of these positions is responsible for utilizing team-based analysis methodologies in eliciting requirements and developing business solutions for improving system or operational processes while meeting stakeholder expectations. The positions also assist the business in recognizing and analyzing problems and providing assistance in driving the strategic implementation of the solution and perform related work as required.
• Assists with the gathering of business needs as well as the design of solutions through direct interaction with business unit leaders, IT and other staff.
• Consults with business users, unit leaders, IT and technical resources to develop detailed business requirements and related technical options/recommendations/solutions.
• Assists in the development of detailed business process models to support business solution recommendations.
• Builds detailed business process models to support business solution recommendations.
• Learns the business areas and becomes familiar with systems capabilities through interaction with lines of business, IT and third-party representatives.
• Assists in the creation of system and positive/negative test cases when technological solutions are implemented.
• Reports and communicates the status, issues, and risks of assigned implementation efforts.
• Adapts to assignments as required.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science, or related fields.
• 1-5 years of professional experience in analyzing or defining systems and users’ requirements for computer systems or agency specific business experience required.
• MBA or Master’s Degree
• Certified Public Accountant
• Experience working in a governmental sector (local, state, or federal)
• Experience working with iterative software development methods
• Background in accounting or financial systems
• Background with GASB and public sector financial reporting or similar
• Certification in one or more of the following: Certified Business Analyst (CBAP), Professional Business Analyst (PMI-PBA), Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean Six Sigma, Business Process Management (BPM), or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Experience working in cross-functional, matrix environment and understanding how the interdependencies impact results
The State of Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View other career opportunities at Treasury.
To apply, submit your resume to: Treasury.Resumes@tn.gov