The Tennessee Department of Treasury is a fast-paced environment utilizing state-of-the-art, enterprise-class systems built on modern technologies to provide exemplary support to Tennessee citizens. Treasury is responsible for managing more than $50 billion in assets for the State through its various investment programs. The Department administers the State’s Retirement Program, including a deferred compensation plan, provides public-serving programs in the areas of college savings, financial literacy, unclaimed property, criminal injuries compensation, and more.
The Department currently has 3 open positions. Each of these positions is responsible for utilizing team-based analysis methodologies in eliciting requirements and developing business solutions for improving system or operational processes while meeting stakeholder expectations. The position also assists the business in recognizing and analyzing problems and providing assistance in driving the strategic implementation of the solution and performs related work as required.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science, or related fields.
• 1-5 years of professional experience in analyzing or defining systems and users’ requirements for computer systems or agency specific business experience.
• MBA or Master’s Degree
• Experience working in a governmental sector (local, state, or federal)
• Experience working with iterative software development methods
• Background in accounting or financial systems
• Background with GASB and public sector financial reporting or similar
• Certification in one or more of the following: Certified Business Analyst (CBAP), Professional Business Analyst (PMI-PBA), Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean Six Sigma, Business Process Management (BPM), or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Experience working in cross-functional, matrix environment and understanding how the interdependencies impact results
• Analyzes data, problem solves and plans in order to build business cases to align with agency objectives.
• Consults with business users, unit leaders, IT and technical resources to develop detailed business requirements and related technical options/recommendations/solutions.
• Assists in the development of detailed business process models to support business solution recommendations.
• Makes assessments based on business need and value, substantiated with metrics.
• Assists with the creation of cross-functional teams, communicates the purpose and position of each role, and provides clear goals and objectives for work sessions.
• Reports and communicates the status, issues, and risks of assigned implementation efforts.
• Communicates with senior level management, executive staff and steering committees through presentations or facilitation of meetings.
• Establishes and maintains positive relationships with business and technical stakeholders to discuss projects, strategies, methodologies and business needs.
• Works within organization to influence others to move to consensus.
Salary competitive with private sector.
To apply, submit your resume to: Treasury.Resumes@tn.gov
The State of Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.