About the Position:
As an Associate Business Analyst (ABA), you will be responsible for assessing the needs of Qualifacts customers and will serve a fundamental role in creating solutions that help both our clients and our company succeed. Specifically you will collaborate with behavioral and mental health facilities, subject matter experts, and development teams to create software solutions that will enhance our clients' ability to provide care and meet regulations.
The Associate Business Analyst thinks creatively, working from concept to the analysis, independently identifying alternatives and developing unique solutions for small project changes. For larger or more complex projects the ABA will work with the support of an assigned Senior BA.
Success in this role requires superior interpersonal and communication skills, natural curiosity, high energy, action orientation, and personal drive. A high level of organization with the ability to plan, multitask and proactively manage conflicts and priorities is also important.
- Independently conducts business/systems analysis for small project changes to computer applications and systems
- For large and complex projects, the Associate Business Analyst will work the assigned Senior Business Analysts on the project to appropriately document the technical and functional details
- Leads sessions with project stakeholders to elicit business requirements and ensure the results of the software development complies with user and business specifications
- Design and create mock-ups, prototypes, documentation, and workflow diagrams to ensure designed products meet usability standards
- Consult with project and business stakeholders to develop, document, refine, and communicate business and technical requirements
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Collaborates with management and functional teams to ensure that all software features and functions are documented, tested and validated, and support the training of solution customers
- Partner with business department leadership to prepare / support deployment of new software functionality
- Participates with project teams to troubleshoot defects (technical and functional) within production solution during post release support
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Associate Degree OR equivalent combination of additional years’ work experience plus industry coursework in business analysis competencies.
- Minimum 6 months related professional work experience. Applicable work experience would include responsibilities such as consultative engagements with business customers, data or process analysis, EHR or MHR system administration, IT business analysis or other software development related duties
- Ability to understand, document and solve complex business problems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to articulate complex and detailed information to a variety of audiences in a clear and organized manor
- Self-directed and pro-active with ability to work independently
- Very strong organization and analytic skills
- Ability to prioritize based on multiple inputs and competing requests
- Demonstrated experience quickly learning and assimilating new information
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred – white or green belt
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 years of business analysis experience or in-depth CareLogic knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of the behavior health industry and practices is preferred
- Prior experience using or supporting healthcare-related software (EHR) is a plus